Do Dham Yatra
We are pleased to discuss your Family’s upcoming trip for Do Dham Yatra.Our aim is to create life long memories through our outings and we also try to encourage people to travel and explore the world around, hence “Keep exploring…”
Terms & Conditions
- All charges to be paid 100% before tour starts.
- Cancellation if any, will be refunded as under 50% within 7 days of tour starts 75% from 8th day to one month of Booking.
THE FOLLOWING YATRA TIPS WILL HELP TO MAKE YOUR CHAR DHAM YATRA COMFORTABLE, HASTLE FREE AND WILL KEEP YOU HEALTHY AND FIT DURING THE ENTIRE TRIP.
- The Chardham or the four pilgrimage destinations are accessible only for six months (May to October) throughout the year. The region becomes inaccessible during the other half of the part of the year due to snowfall.
- While visiting Hindu mythological sites, shrines and temples, one should remove shoes and cover head with a piece of cloth before entering the Holy Place.
- Carry heavy woolen clothes to protect from cold weather during the month of October-November and carry moderate woolen during Summer Season.
- Carry woolen Blanket, an umbrella, Raincoat, Torchlight, minimum luggage and canvas shoes with you. You can carry woolen sweater, monkey cap and muffler, which will enable you to with stand cold winds, at the upper level of Himalayas.
- Do carry creams, moisturizers, sunscreen creams.
- Pack a medical kit with painkillers, antibiotics, cough lozenges, Antiseptic cream, Iodine, tube-squeeze cream and medicines for cold and fever.
- Carry your routine medicines, as you might find only limited and general medicine at such remote locations.
- Carry dark chocolates, dry fruits, Glucose (Glucon D), toffees. They will provide your instant energy during the trekking and during long jams.
- When asking for directions, speak to shopkeepers, not pedestrians. Check with at least two persons or more.
- Do not take pictures if cameras are not allowed in any particular area. Do not play with the sentiments of any particular religion.
- At least a month before the Yatra, it is advisable to start preparatory exercises for the trip 4 months in advance.
- Though self-managed tours happen to be economical, it is advisable for your Chardham yatra to go for a guided tour arranged by an expert local travel agent.
- Carry extra batteries and films for your camera. As electricity is not regular in such places.
- Do not travel in the rainy season as there are a lot of landslides during that time.
- Book hotel rooms in advance if you are travelling close to the temple opening dates, there is a heavy rush of pilgrims. Check hotels on CharDham Route.
- Alcohol or non-vegetarian food is not permitted during Char Dham Yatra Tour.
- Drink packaged water or boiled water only.
CLOTHING DURING CHAR DHAM YATRA
- Summers (May, June, July, August)- Moderate Woolens
- Winters (April, September, October, November)- Heavy Woolens
MEDICAL EMERGENCY NUMBER
- In case of any serious medical emergency, call 108 (The Mobile emergency service from Government of Uttarakhand). Don’t make fake calls, as it is punishable offence.
- Train Connectivity: Rishikesh, Haridwar, Kotdwar and Dehradun are well connected to major cities of India by Railway Network. From here you can get bus or you can hire taxi as well.
- Air Connectivity: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. Helicopter service to Kedarnath and Badrinath is available from Delhi, Dehradun, Phata, Agustmuni and Gauchar near Rudraprayag and Jollygrant Airport Dehradun.
DRIVING TIPS IN UTTARAKHAND
- Always keep your vehicle on left side of the Road.
- Use Horn at curves on hills, never overtake the overtaking vehicle.
- One should not drive more than 8 hours a day in hilly region.
- Avoid driving after sunset, as it is not allowed in hilly area of Uttarakhand.
- Use shoes instead of slippers while driving.
- Check your Brakes and Hand Brakes before starting journey.
- Check the Headlights, Break light and Parking lights of your vehicle.
- Always give way to uphill vehicles.
- Keep your valid vehicle’s documents with you to avoid inconvenience.
- Before journey, make sure that fuel tank of your vehicle is full, in case of landslides you might have to take alternate long routes.
- Ensure to refuel, where ever easily you get chance, during season there might be long queues in Petrol Pumps at main stations.
- Carry first aid box with you.
- Do not drink and drive.
- In case of traffic jam, park your vehicle at the end of the queue. If you initiate a parallel queue, the traffic from other side might force you to drive in reverse gear, till you reach again at end of the original queue. And you may find it very difficult to drive long in reverse gear on a hilly road.
- Do not compete with local vehicles/drivers. They know the terrain better then you.
WELCOME TO HARIDWAR
- Arrive at Haridwar and reach at hotel/Ashram.
- In evening visit the Ganga Aarti at Har ki Pauri.
- Stay overnight at Hardwar.
HARIDWAR GUPTKASHI /SITAPUR. (190 KMS / 7-8 HOURS)
- Morning after breakfast, check out from Haridwardrive for Sitapur/Guptkashi.
- Check in your hotel & overnight stay at Sitapur /Guptkashi.
SITAPUR /GUPTKASHI GAURIKUND (16 KMS TREK/8-9 HOURS) TO KEDARNATH.
- Morning after breakfast, check out from hotel & Drive for Gaurikund.
- Visit the way places, start your trek (by walk, horse, pony or dolly on your expense)
- Visit Kedarnath temple, Darshan, Pooja.
- Overnight stay at Kedarnath. ( Meal on clients )
Kedarnath hosts one of the holiest Hindu temples and is an ever most popular destination for Hindu pilgrims and tourists from all over the world in a scenic spot at the origin of the river Mandakini, the shrine of Kedarnath is most venerated amongst the Hindu pilgrims.
KEDARNATH (16 KMS TREK/ 8-9 HOURS) TO GAURIKUND GUPTKASHI /SITAPUR.
- Morning after breakfast checkout from hotel/ camp Kedarnath.
- Visit via from Kedarnath ghati and Himalaya view.
- Come back to Sitapur/ Guptkashi check in your hotel.
- Overnight stay at hotel Sitapur/ Guptkashi.
- Morning post breakfast, checkout from hotel &start Drive for Pipalkoti/Joshimath.
- Visit on the way sight scenes and reach at Pipalkoti.
- Check in hotel & Overnight stay at Pipalkoti/Joshimath.
- Morning after breakfast, start drive through beautiful forest to Badrinath.
- Evening visit Badrinath Temple & return to Pipalkoti/Joshimath.
- Overnight stay at Pipalkoti/Joshimath.
- Morning after breakfast, check out from your hotel and start drive for Haridwar
- Visit on route sightseeing
- Night stay at Haridwar.
- Morning after breakfast, check out from your hotel. At 11:30 am
- Drive towards Haridwar Railway station/ bus stand.
- Dropping you at Railway station/ Bus stand.
- Here completed your memorable & beautiful journey of DoDham with us.